Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard doesn't disengage when in Tablet mode

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having done the 11 steps with HP support assistant, I still cannot get they keyboard to diengage when I put my device in laptop mode.  The keyboard will still type keys when sitting on my lap or table.

what are my options to get this fixed, because having to do factory resets over and over isn't pleasant.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Device clarification: 

HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO (ENERGY STAR)

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kwii,

Welcome to HP forums.

Try doing the BIOS update and check is that helps. Use the link below to download the BIOS for your PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76404.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S
Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update was already done by the HP Support agent, and it is still not fixed.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kwlii,

Thanks for the reply.

If you have already done the recovery on your PC and that couldn’t fix the issue, the only solution would be to contact the phone support for any warranty related support options.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery was already done by HP Support Assistant, and still the problem isn't fixed.

A factory reset was also done by the HP Support Assistant, and still the problem isn't fixed.

An update of all Windows Updates were done by they HP Support Assistant, and still the problem isn't fixed.

All of these things were done via remote access by the HP Support Assistant technical rep.

Still, the problem isn't fixed.

A brand new device, and such problems exist, is troubling.

0 Kudos
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have also communicated our warranty to HP Support Assitant, and not sure what they intend to do.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kwlii,

Thanks for the reply.

The only solution would be to contact the phone support for any warranty related support options as it could be a hardware issue. By reinstalling the drivers and Operating systems, we have eliminated the possibility of a possible software issue.

Please use the link below to reach  phone support

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
kwlii Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Service support has been an absolute nightmare and i have case and ticket numbers you can look up to prove it.

They are holding my device and will not return it, i have requested a refund and actually have a Return number authoizing the refund, but it has now been almost 20 days and they will not return my defective device so i can turn around and ship it back to HP to the sales team so they can process my refund.  I feel helpless because they are not supposed to be reparing the device, but won't ship it back to me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation