Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
blacksteak Tutor
Tutor
14 6 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep

Hello,

I'm the owner of an EliteBook 8560p running under Windows 7 Professional 64 bits Edition.

I started the installation from scratch with a driver-empty Windows. I've downloaded the drivers separately on the HP Support Website.

Everything is running fine but when I put my computer to sleep (normal stand-by mode) I am unable to wake it up from the keyboard keys or trackpad buttons. The only way I can wake it up is by pressing the Power Button. Then it wakes up normally and I go back to the Windows 7 login screen.

Is it possible to wake up this computer by pressing a key instead of the power button ? I don't want to press it too often.

For example on my old Acer Aspire 5315, pressing a key wakes up the computer instantly.
Also, I have no "Allow this device to wake up computer" option in my Device Manager.

I can't find this option in the BIOS neither.

Can you wake your HP Notebook computer by pressing the keyboard ? Is there a way to do that on EliteBooks ?

Thanks and sorry for my mistakes, English is not my mother language.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Cookie1111 Tutor
Tutor
14 10 0 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep

If you have an external display, it will stop the computer from waking. Disconnect display port cable and try again.Also, check your drivers so that Power Mgmt. allows mouse or keyboard to wake system. I have found these issues effect my HP 8460P as well as HP 2540P. Also, make sure that the BIOS allows USB to wake system.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation