cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chevythunder426
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Keyboard not working after an update for windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Envy TS M6 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to windows 10, from windows 8.1, and everything was ok. A few days later, my computer installed updates for Windows 10, and since then, none of the keys work. Nor does the backlight for the keys. I have tried the troubleshooter,but it does not find anything wrong. In the device manager, it shows the keyboard as enabled and functioning. I have tried the updates on the HP and Windows sites,but there is not any relevant to my problem. Is there anything else I can try other than going back to the Windows 8.1??

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @chevythunder426,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook and keyboard keys not working correctly. You can change the options for your keyboard by going to Control panel, Keyboard - change keyboards. Sometimes just changing to one thing and then changing it backs helps.

Here is a link to some general keyboard troubleshooting that might help.

In the document it does show you how to uninstall the Keyboard. It will install it automatically on a restart.

Please remove any USB devices while doing the restart and install.

I hope something here helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
chevythunder426
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried uninstalling it, system restore, and downloading & installing the drivers manually ...nothing made the keyboard work again. I downgraded back to 8.1, still nothing. The computer thinks it is working fine. I don't know what else to do except replace the keyboard . I cant even go into BIOS if I needed to! Thank you for trying to help! Any other suggestions are welcome!
0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @chevythunder426,

I would connect a USB keyboard to the Notebook,  you could check the Keyboard languages. Sometimes if you just change and then change it back it kicks in the keyboard.

You could try  a System Refresh.  Once it starts the Refresh remove the USB keyboard.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
chevythunder426
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you. I will let you know how it works out...
0 Kudos
chevythunder426
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have a usb keyboard now. It works fine. I used the F2 and started the hardware diagnostics, which gave me this code : PLHJ1-6RT7PP-XD7WWK-G05A03, after running the keyboard test. I don't know if the code will give you information on the problem, but I am beginning to think it is the keyboard itself that may need replacing.
0 Kudos
chevythunder426
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And I tried the settings and changing the language also. Still nothing. 😞
0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey ,

Thank you for the code but for the error to open in my tool there seems to be a letter missing from the first set.

They are all sets of six.

If you could check again for me that would be awesome.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
chevythunder426
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry about that. Here it is again... PLHJ1F-6RT7PP-XD7WWK-G05A03
0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @chevythunder426.

Thank you for the error message code, it tells me that the Keyboard has failed. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings.

If that does not help PLHJ1F-6RT7PP-XD7WWK-G05A03 error recommends to replace your keyboard. Here is a link to your manual page 55 of the HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k022dx Sleekbook.

You could also try to revert back to your previous version of Windows, but it seems very strange that the keyboard malfunctioned on a Windows 10 upgrade.

If the product is in warranty, please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation