Note on archived topics.
08-31-2016 04:38 AM
i was was using win 8 when suddenly keyboard stops working ... In spite of various attempts to troubleshoot nothing worked ...
Just then i thought to update to Windows 10 and it might help ... But stil no respite
keyboard functions only in airplane mode ... Though mousepad is functional just fine ...
i have tried
1). Updating motherboard drivers
2) deleting and reinstalling the keyboard from device manager
3) autocorrect / auto check from Windows trouble shoot feature
possibly everything ... Nothing seems to be working
I am in a BIG problem since I just have this laptop
thanks in advance
08-31-2016 01:30 PM
Hello @Aj_abhinav, Greetings!
Welcome to HP forums and I am here to help :)
I understand that you are facing a very rare issue where the keyboard is not working while your PC is online or if not on “Airplane” mode.
It sounds like an issue caused due to some online applications / malware / virus – Did you run a scan to check for any?
I would suggest you to do a system restore first and if that doesn’t work, go for a system restore.
By doing a system restore, you can restore your PC to its last working point. Please follow the below steps to do a system restore:
- Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
If this doesn’t help I would recommend you to do a system recovery.
Note: Doing a system recovery will reset your notebook to its factory state & hence you will lose any saved data. So please transfer any important data before you do a system recovery.
You can visit http://hp.care/2bJSt4i to get assistance in doing a system recovery.
Please let me know how it works.
I am an HP Employee