Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Keyboard only working on airplane mode

Product Name: Hp envy dv 4 1105dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , 

i was was using win 8 when suddenly keyboard stops working ... In spite of various attempts to troubleshoot nothing worked ... 

Just then i thought to update to Windows 10 and it might help ... But stil no respite 

keyboard functions only in airplane mode ... Though mousepad is functional just fine ...

i have tried 

1). Updating motherboard drivers 

2) deleting and reinstalling the keyboard from device manager 

3) autocorrect / auto check from Windows trouble shoot feature 

possibly everything ... Nothing seems to be working 

please help 

I am in a BIG problem since I just have this laptop

also

thanks in advance 

aj 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (317 Views)

Re: Keyboard only working on airplane mode

Hello @Aj_abhinav, Greetings!

Welcome to HP forums and I am here to help :)

I understand that you are facing a very rare issue where the keyboard is not working while your PC is online or if not on “Airplane” mode.

It sounds like an issue caused due to some online applications / malware / virus – Did you run a scan to check for any?

I would suggest you to do a system restore first and if that doesn’t work, go for a system restore.

By doing a system restore, you can restore your PC to its last working point. Please follow the below steps to do a system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If this doesn’t help I would recommend you to do a system recovery.

Note: Doing a system recovery will reset your notebook to its factory state & hence you will lose any saved data. So please transfer any important data before you do a system recovery.

You can visit http://hp.care/2bJSt4i to get assistance in doing a system recovery.

Please let me know how it works.

Cheers! :)

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation