cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TARK Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LAPTOP: HP-Support Assistant Framework

I upgraded to Windows-8 my Pavilion and installed HP-Support Assitant app.  Started framework and selected [Windows Update] option from menu pane.  On the screen displayed 'No Internet Connection detected'.  Though I am able to connect to internet using IE, but in HP-SUPPORT ASSITANT app not detected.  What would be the reason? if any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnect from the internet, Do a hard reset . Then unplug the power cord from the router, Wait 30sec then plug it back in. After that turn the notebook back on and reconnect to the internet.

THX

0 Kudos
flightrisk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and HP support assistant does not recognize that I am connected to the internet. I am also running Hyper-V. All other internet applications work. There is a bug in Support Assistant.

0 Kudos
DeliuMircea Tutor
Tutor
9 7 1 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on my HP Spectre X2 with Windows 8.1 Pro.

Can someone fix this bug?

Thanks,

Mircea

0 Kudos
flightrisk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you happen to be running hyper-v? I see a lot of problems with the fact that the HP software seems to want to only use a hardware adapter and not recognize the virtual adapter. I called HP and they re-installed everything and it started working. It just updated to the latest release of the HP support software and now it doesn't work again. I am using Hyper-V and believe that is my problem

0 Kudos
PCNoobECP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not a permanent fix but: If you have Hyper-V enabled and you have created a Virtual Switch to "External Network" you need to change the Virtual Switch Manager settings to 'Internal network' as a connection type, and HP Support Center will be able to communicate with the HP Server.  Of course you need to do the opposite when you want to use your VM(s).  

0 Kudos
skorphult Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that HP still haven't informed their programmers that Hyper-V exists. So it will just not work and I guess it is intentional, otherwise they would have fixed it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation