cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TARK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

LAPTOP: HP-Support Assistant Framework

HP Recommended

I upgraded to Windows-8 my Pavilion and installed HP-Support Assitant app.  Started framework and selected [Windows Update] option from menu pane.  On the screen displayed 'No Internet Connection detected'.  Though I am able to connect to internet using IE, but in HP-SUPPORT ASSITANT app not detected.  What would be the reason? if any help is appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
lions99
Level 10
5,461 5,346 360 997
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnect from the internet, Do a hard reset . Then unplug the power cord from the router, Wait 30sec then plug it back in. After that turn the notebook back on and reconnect to the internet.

THX

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
flightrisk
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and HP support assistant does not recognize that I am connected to the internet. I am also running Hyper-V. All other internet applications work. There is a bug in Support Assistant.

DeliuMircea
Level 1
9 7 1 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on my HP Spectre X2 with Windows 8.1 Pro.

Can someone fix this bug?

Thanks,

Mircea

flightrisk
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you happen to be running hyper-v? I see a lot of problems with the fact that the HP software seems to want to only use a hardware adapter and not recognize the virtual adapter. I called HP and they re-installed everything and it started working. It just updated to the latest release of the HP support software and now it doesn't work again. I am using Hyper-V and believe that is my problem

PCNoobECP
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not a permanent fix but: If you have Hyper-V enabled and you have created a Virtual Switch to "External Network" you need to change the Virtual Switch Manager settings to 'Internal network' as a connection type, and HP Support Center will be able to communicate with the HP Server.  Of course you need to do the opposite when you want to use your VM(s).  

skorphult
6 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that HP still haven't informed their programmers that Hyper-V exists. So it will just not work and I guess it is intentional, otherwise they would have fixed it.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation