Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gabrieln Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left touchpad button sometimes doesn't click

EliteBook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand-new EliteBook 840 running Windows 10. The left touchpad button sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It's like this: If I click a second time (or a third time) with the left button, without having moved the cursor (not double click, but two separated clicks), then the computer doesn't respond to the click.

If I click by tapping on the touchpad area (instead of pressing the button) then everything is fine. But I don't like tapping!

If I click with an external mouse connected via USB then everything is fine.

If I move the cursor and then click, then it works.

The problem is very annoying because each time the computer doesn't respond to the clicks, I have to move the cursor and then click again.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Olagist Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left touchpad button sometimes doesn't click

am having the same issue here and i dont know what to do about it

Feeling my self... mp3 songs download | hip hop download
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation