Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kalyan21 Tutor
Tutor
9 0 3
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft hosted network virtual adaptor - this device is not connected to the computer

NOTE : This is for all hp laptops having realtek RTL8723BE wireless chip.

Also, do create a restore point incase something goes wrong.

I too had the same situation. Here is how i solved it. The problem is the new driver updates don't have hostednetwork support. So we'll download the driver of windows 8.1 and install it (it will work in windows 10). But we have another problem....as we install the old driver, windows updates it automatically. So follow these steps.

STEP-1 : download the driver from here. Also download this tool by microsoft (We'll discuss later).

STEP-2 : win+X > device manager > network adapters > *your wifi adapter* > driver tab. Check the driver version.

STEP-3 : now roll back if available. Now uninstall > *check the 'delete driver software for this device' option > uninstall the driver.

STEP-4 : in device manager : action tab > scan for hardware changes. Your wifi adapter must have come back. Now again check your driver version.

STEP-5 : again uninstall the driver and scan for hardware changes (continue doing it repetedly until the driver version doesn't change any more)

STEP-6 : device manager > network adapters > *your wifi adapter* > driver tab > driver details. Here you get a list.

Capture.JPG

Leave vwifibus.sys file untouched. Note the path C:\\windows\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys

STEP-7 : Finally uninstall the driver. Go to path 

C:\\windows\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys

STEP-8 : right click rtwlane.sys > properties > security > select your user > edit > tick full control to allow > ok > ok.

STEP-9 : delete the rtwlane.sys file. Put it in recycle bin incase you want to restore it.

STEP-10 : install the windows 8.1 driver provided above.

STEP-11 : now you need to stop further updates for the driver. Run the tool by microsoft provided above. Click next > choose hide updates > you'll get a list > tick your wifi adapter and complete the process.

Restart your laptop. Now you are good to go!!

Let me know if it worked for you.

0 Kudos
toscaria Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft hosted network virtual adaptor - this device is not connected to the computer

Thanks for the help @kalyan21 . I don't feel very confortable in running .exe downloaded from someones google drive. Is it possible to give us the original links from the providers of the drivers (e.g. a microsoft website)? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
kalyan21 Tutor
Tutor
9 0 3
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have updated both the links!!

Tags (1)
shanusj28 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kalyan21
I followed the whole process as you said but it couldn't solve the problem. I still get the same error message. Can you help me with this?

0 Kudos
kalyan21 Tutor
Tutor
9 0 3
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After deleting rtwlane.sys file (step-9), go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. find a folder called netrtwlane.inf_amd64_(...........). Delete that folder. Now install your Win 8.1 driver and block updates.

P.S. : I get errors when i do it after a clean windows install but it fixes itself after a couple of restarts.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation