Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-BA009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a long story, thank you for your time.

The computer in question is my mom's and between her traveling, my work, and our move I've not been as quick to address the computer issues as I should have been.  It may also be good to know that my mom doesn't use the computer for much, just email, word, internet, basic stuff. 

I helped my mom buy a new computer back in January. We bought an "open box" Hp from Best Buy, my mom told me she was having little issues here an there but I was dealing with my own computer problems and chalked it up to her not being the best with technology. 

In February the computer went what I'll call 'chronic blue screen' the errors alternated between "memory management" and "thread exception not handled." I checked for Win10 updates, there were none. I attempted to update drivers, but it went blue screen during the process. 

At this point I posted on a Win10 help forum, the advice there was to stop doing anything to it and take it back to either best buy or to contact Hp.  I had to wait a few days and by then it seemed like the computer was doing alright. The next week new issues emerged, in particular, on boot-up the computer would get stuck in a loop of the first 5 seconds of loading up (computer is unusable at this point).

(At this point I've become convinced that the computer was messed up when we bought it)

I stopped by best buy and they told me to contact Hp. I struggled to explain the issue and the support person tells me to do a restore to factory settings. I do, I reinstall the antivirus we were given by best buy and run scans, set up the other stuff on it and leave it be. My mom is out of town at this at this point and I have my own computer so it sits unused for a while.

A few weeks later my mom lets me know that her computer is still giving her issues but at least it turns on. Now however, it has once again reached an unusable state. It gets to the point of asking for the pin to log in fine but after the pin is entered it goes blue screen and restarts (too quick to get the error message). Once it did manage to get to the desktop but quickly went blue screen with the error "bad pool header."

At this point I do not know what to do. Best buy will want more money to even look at it, and it's a struggle to explain the issues to a HP support person in chat. I'm still of the mind that the computer/OS was messed up when we bought it, but no one will want to admit that. I just don't know what to do.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please do a extensive system test from System Diagnostics UEFI by tapping F2 or ESC key as soon as you power on laptop. Let it finish.

Report back the results.

If everything (all components) PASSED, you can try clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 bit by creating UEFI bootable Windows installation USB using Microsoft Windows media creation tool:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Additional drivers from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ba000-notebook-pc-series/10862317/model/13386...

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

The System test failed at the Memory Extensive Check.

Failure ID: PUX71L-8AX8l0-XD7X6K-40HE03

Product ID: X7T78UA#ABA

Memory Module 2: Top

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

You've to replace the RAM module.

Your laptop came with a single 4gb stick. So you can replace this with a new one of exact same configuration ,speed and voltage.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862317/model/13386205/document/c0528...

Refer Manual for RAM specs you need:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227786
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.