cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
QasimZafar
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Mouse Pad is not working properly while plugged in of Probook 4530s Notebook????

HP Recommended

1. Product Name and Number

HP Probook 4530s (Intel Core i5). RAM 6 GB, Hard 750 Gb, Radeon 1 GB card,
Mouse PAD configs ............Synaptics luxpad v7.5,,,,,,,,and........Synaptics luxpad buttons v7.5

Operating System installed: 

Windows 7 64 bit Proffessional.

Everytime I plug in the charger, the mouspad starts hanging................What is that........???? Sometimes it stops working at all..............One thing to note is that right and left click buttons are working fine.........

Any suggestions......???

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By hanging do you mean it just gets very slow to respond? This only happens when you plug in the charger? I would make sure all your drivers are up to date. Do this happen when the computer is running off battery?

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
QasimZafar
Author
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do you mean by off-battery?

I plugged in the charger (Battery is inside the computer), it starts charging but also the mouse hangs MEANS I slide finger on the Mouse Pad and sometimes it moves like it is stopping and then moving (Like I move it from one end of LCD to another but it only moves to 1/4th way and with breaks), sometimes it stops working at all, no respond. Sometimes it is fine.

And the mouse pad runs fine ON Battery.

One thing I notices after your suggestion to keep them up to date. I went in the properties os synaptics pointing devices and checked properties, only Driver details is clickable, all other like Update driver, Rollback driver, etc are grayed out (Unclickable).

0 Kudos
SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK -- Lets go ahead a do a hard reset. By removing all power from the computer and then reintroducing it, sometimes things will begin to work properly again.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,
Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
QasimZafar
Author
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope, it is not working. 😞

0 Kudos
QasimZafar
Author
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anybody,,,,help please.

Now where I could get my problem solved if not here? There no HP service center near me for my warranted product.

0 Kudos
SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you made sure your touchpad driver is up-to-date? Here is the link to download the most recent driver: http://goo.gl/Fk1X2

Make sure this is installed and see if this resolves the issue. If not post back and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Sean
0 Kudos
QasimZafar
Author
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Installed the update and rebooted, but the problem is not going......:( 😞 😞
0 Kudos
SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
OK, lets try to narrow down the issue. Test this issue exactly the same as it occurs normally but try it with an external mouse. This will verify if it is truly a software or hardware issue.

Thanks,
Sean
0 Kudos
QasimZafar
Author
Level 2
22 12 1 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is how I was coping with the problem my dear, when the mouse won't work I plug in my USB wireless mouse, and it works fine.

I installed the update given above, it didn't work for two days, but suddenly the hangging problem is seemed-to-be solved. But one more problem arose, it isn't clicking that good. I had to use the buttons give with it to do a click or doulble click sometime.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation