cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anand_B Tutor
Tutor
22 19 0 2
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mouse pointer not appearing/not responding

Hello there,

Mouse pointer in my HP ENVY notebook (Product no - C8P48AV) doesn't respond, not even appears at times. I have Synaptics pointing device - v16.5.3.3 preinstalled in my machine.

Kindly help me out in this issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,628 4,401 257 819
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Anand_B wrote:

Hello there,

Mouse pointer in my HP ENVY notebook (Product no - C8P48AV) doesn't respond, not even appears at times. I have Synaptics pointing device - v16.5.3.3 preinstalled in my machine.

Kindly help me out in this issue.

Thank you.

Hello Anand_B.

You should try remove the driver and allowing Windows to reinstall it.  Here are the steps.

1. Navigate to your Device Manager.
  2. Expand the "mice and other pointing devices" section.  
  3. Right click on your mouse and select "Uninstall."
  4. Reboot your computer and allow Windows to reinstall the device.
  5. Verify whether the problem persists.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Anand_B Tutor
Tutor
22 19 0 2
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi AttackofZaq,

It still didn't work for me.. I have uninstalled and have windows reinstalled the device driver again.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,628 4,401 257 819
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Anand_B wrote:

Hi AttackofZaq,

It still didn't work for me.. I have uninstalled and have windows reinstalled the device driver again.

Hello again!

What happens when you connect an external mouse?  Does it work as expected?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

0 Kudos
Anand_B Tutor
Tutor
22 19 0 2
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, it is perfect with an external mouse. Problem is with my touch pad, I guess.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,628 4,401 257 819
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Anand_B wrote:

Yes, it is perfect with an external mouse. Problem is with my touch pad, I guess.

I'd like to confirm that you are able to see the cursor on the screen, just not move it?  How long has the issue been occurring?  I suggest you try restoring the notebook to a point before the problem began.  This document covers using the Microsoft System Restore feature.

Let me know the result.

0 Kudos
Anand_B Tutor
Tutor
22 19 0 2
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

About the cusor.. I'm not able to see the pointer itself at times.. though it appears after few reboots, its not moving.

It behaves inconsistent.

This is occuring since i've switched on the notebook for the first time and so no restore point is there.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,628 4,401 257 819
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Anand_B wrote:

About the cusor.. I'm not able to see the pointer itself at times.. though it appears after few reboots, its not moving.

It behaves inconsistent.

This is occuring since i've switched on the notebook for the first time and so no restore point is there.

Hello again!

So it sounds like this is a very new computer.  In that case you should contact HP Support directly and let them know about the problem.  The number is 1-800-474-6836 fo US/Canadian customers.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a lovely day!

0 Kudos
Anand_B Tutor
Tutor
22 19 0 2
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

I've contacted HP support and got it replaced with new one.

Thanks,

Anand

0 Kudos
NickAdams Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a HP 15 Notebook PC.  Product # G1V04UA#ABA.  After I power up and sign in, there is no mouse pointer. When I restart and sign in the mouse pointer is there. 

How can I fix this issue? 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation