You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.
4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
Let us know how it goes!
"I work for HP." ****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks**** ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Thank you for your input, but unfortunately my issue is still there I select the driver (network controller ) and its the only thing that's wrong. Everytime I boot my notebook i get a window that says windows has found new hardware for network controller. After I follow those steps it says network controller cannot be installed .