cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Non System Disk or Disk Error Message

HP Recommended
elitebook2530p
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi---My computer was on and I left it for about 30 minutes. It had been functioning normally up to that point.  Upon my return I got the Non System Disk or Disk Error Message.

Upon rebooting the computer, I received this message in the bootup sequence:

PXE-E61  Media Test Failure, check cable.

I ran some HP System DIagnostics and got the Hard Disk Failed message.

This is a reconditioned laptop from Pan It ROI---they are closed now and I just want to know basically what is wrong before I call them in the morning.  I think the unit may still be under warranty.

Please help asap.

Thanks, Tom

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
1,377 1,355 114 381
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As the HP Diagnostics indicated it is a hard drive failure. :Crying:

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation