cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 7
1,091 1,085 43 111
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If theres no more warranty you might have to do it yourself or take it to a repairing place.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
0 Kudos
Level 7
1,091 1,085 43 111
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can't hear any clear beeping sound like a machine beep beep or a car(much quieter) and the LEDS on the numpad and caps lock doesn't flash, also no disk activity at all then the problem is a little bit serious.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
34 23 2 2
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I now know the cause of the black screen on my Compaq Presario CQ56-112SA Notebook. Having taken the Notebook to a repair shop I learned that soldering on the graphics card (module ?) on the motherboard had melted . This is the second time in 7months this happened. The first time it was repaired I was mis-informed as to the cause of the black screen and when it occurred this time (when I was trying to load Ubuntu ) I assumed it was something I had done. The repairer told me he could see it had previously been repaired.

What troubles me is that the Notebook should overheat to such an extent that this type of fault can occur. I always have the notebook on a rectangle of MDF so that the ventilation slots are never blocked. The computer is just over 3 years old.

The repairer told me that AMD machines have a history of similar faults and a new motherboard should be fitted if the problem occurs again.

Highlighted
Level 7
1,091 1,085 43 111
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So.... What could I do to help you with anything?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
34 23 2 2
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing really as it turned out. Had I not been misled into believing there was a software fault the first time this happened I would have suspected the same problem and gone straight back to the first repairer. Thank you for your interest anyway. No doubt I will be back with more questions in the future but not too frequently I hope.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation