cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion 15 notebook wifi

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Regularly when I turn my laptop on the usually white wi-fi adapter button is orange and I can not connect to the internet.

I've checked Device Manager and under Network Adapters is only 'Realtek PCle FE Family Controller' - nothing else.

I've hit the airplane mode button a few times (just in case), but the light stays orange.

There is nothing wrong with the wifi in my place as the phone I'm writing on and my boyfriend's devices are all connected.

Please help, this is happening more often and is very frustrating.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @CassLouP83,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having an issue with the wireless. When you check Device Manager there is only the  'Realtek PCle FE Family Controller'  listed. You have tried turning the notebook off and on several times but there is no change. You have also tried turning the Airplane mode on and off.

If you go to Device Manager and scan for hardware changes, is there any change under the network?  Here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎 that should help.

Should you like further assistance, please provide the exact model of Pavilion 15 notebook you have.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Also include the results from the troubleshooting.

Best of Luck!

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation