cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aleolaiz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Pavilion DV8 Quick Launch Firmware upgrade missing!

The firmware upgrade solving problems with capacitive touch bar,  "Fixes an intermittent issue where the capacitive touch button for the wireless LAN inadvertently activates. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the capacitive bass/treble scroll zone inadvertently adjusts. " point to a broken link SP53677.exe. Please, solve it ASAP, because my quick launch bar goes crazy long time ago.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Level 9
Level 9
2,526 2,518 199 757
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Install the firmware update which would take care of this issue from below link.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
JayMeyer
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This patch did not work.  My dv8 still has the wireless network turn on and off repeatedly.  Just like it did before I installed the patch.

0 Kudos
brian2
Level 2
17 8 0 3
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I hate to tell you this, but this firmware didn't fix the problem, it's faulty hardware when they made it.

0 Kudos
uweduerr
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

This Firmware Upgrade did not help. I still have the problems particularly with the WIFI Connection.

It is nessesarry to give us a tool to completely inactivate the concerned Quick Launch Buttons.

End the HP processes (Task Manager) doesn't really help.

Uwe

(Germany)

0 Kudos
Yarglah
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This patch does not work, and may be worst than any workaround found now from years (alcohol on sensitive part of laptop, remove battery / power supply to avoid any static

I bought this laptop there 3 years ago and always had this problem.
 And no, I didn't wanted to send this laptop to hp support for a unknown lap time.

It's unbelievable that such problem, a MAIN FEATURE for a laptop (you know, WiFi, a technology that comes from last century) DOES NOT have a clear an reliable solution.

What can you with a computer sometimes network works, sometimes not ?

Nothing personnal againt the HP support, but I'm really angry with designers.

It's one of the most fail in last decade industry product design.

And there is no solution.... A pity...

No more HP products.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
brian2
Level 2
17 8 0 3
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

After couple months of the DV8 being launched, i notice they stop making them.  I bought new hp laptop, with complete new design, so far no issues.  NO quick touch buttons. I got dv7 quad edition.

0 Kudos
PJ-MecNet
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation