cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OVIYEN Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pen drive changed in to write protected mode

Pendrive
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was copying data in to my HP pendrive. Suddenly the copying process was aborted. I ejected the pendrive and re-inserted it and tried to copy the data. 

But it show me an error saying"The pen drive is in write prtected mode". 

Could you please tell me how to unlock my pendrive from "Write Protected mode"

Regards,
Karthikeyan MK

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Intern
Intern
23 23 0 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To solve the problem "The pen drive is in write protected mode", there are some freeware that can remove write protection from USB, which can also remove the write protection from your pen drive. hope this could be helpful. 

0 Kudos
sid2012 Top Student
Top Student
8 8 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you buy new pen drive it is always write protected. Write protection always stops formatting pendrive  i don't think that write protection can be cause of error in copying data. Anyways if you want to remove write protection from pen drive you can do it by using registry of your windows. The steps for removing write protection are https://windowsclassroom.com/best-ways-remove-write-protection-pen-drive/ . Look in to this. I am sure you will get your answer here.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation