Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-18-2013 10:29 AM - edited 12-18-2013 10:31 AM
the last weeks I am experiencing this problem.
- The notebook turns on without any problems whether the battery is connected or not.
- The battery seems to have a 2% charge (windows reports so)
- If I remove the AC while battery is connected, computer looses power and turns off.
- Last week Windows was reporting "not charging" while this week it reports as charging but the percentage is not increasing.
- Whether the PC is on or off, the power LED shows up the same pattern. It is blinking orange and white non-stop.
- Tried other solutions from this forum like removing battery and AC and pressing power button to drain all power, replugging the AC and battery, etc.
- None of these solutions actually did not change anything.
HP G62-b95ev - Windows 7 x64
12-27-2013 07:20 AM - last edited on 02-24-2017 01:42 PM by OscarFuentes
I would like to assist with your HP G62-b95EV Notebook PC.
I recommend following the links below and following the steps provided:
Let me know how it goes!
12-27-2013 09:01 AM
Hello and thanks for your reply.
It's not a power supply or system board problem.
Didn't test the battery with the diagnostics tool but felt like the battery is dead, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement battery.
I'm still waiting for the battery to arrive. As soon as I fully charge it and use it, I will post a possible success/failure.
02-28-2017 07:37 AM
Right now, the battey is inserted, the A/C cord is properly inserted into the HP laptop and live power outlet, the Orange light comes on, turns off, then the white, turns off and repeats (just like your GIF representation). Yet, the laptop does not power on ... it goes through the startup for 6 seconds then shuts off.
Any ideas? Thank you.