Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I downloaded the new version of intel turbo boost tech version 1.2.1002 rev A for my HP G6-1051EX laptop and install but getting an error like this and How can I resolve this problem.

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Your reply is highly appreciated..... Thanx.

------------------System Information------------------

Machine name: *******-HP   

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard       

System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC                     

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.01F.15         

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz           

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM         

Page File: 2174MB used, 5911MB available

Card name: Radeon (TM) HD 6470M                   

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.         

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6760)         

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)       

Display Memory: 2778 MB   

Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not a critical driver, as long as TB works I would not worry about installing the latest one.

Some processors do not use the TB driver, it is inherit in the processor itself.

Use this software to be sure TB is functioning

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031441.htm

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It is not a critical driver, as long as TB works I would not worry about installing the latest one.

Some processors do not use the TB driver, it is inherit in the processor itself.

Use this software to be sure TB is functioning

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031441.htm

HP Recommended

One other thing that can affect the functioning of TB

In Windows 7 / 2008, your power management should be set for balanced mode not performance.

peformance mode can cause the the cpu to stay at its max rated frequency rather than clocking up to turbo boost mode

HP Recommended

Wow great, a millon thanx i show the responce of processor from TB monitoring 2.3 to 2.8, im just only curious to install the new TB updates, hey by the way can i upgrade the RAM to a maximum 8Gig in a different brand? i found the specs telling that my existing ram is SODIMM 1333MHz Samsung, Dont know if this one is same as DDR3?

HP Recommended

Yes it is DDR3

Please post your full model or product number.

How to find it

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Spec page says 4gb is max, but could be wrong.

Service Guide says 8gb in the Product Description section

HP Recommended

Yah, it makes me confuse 'coz the memory max is only 4 Giga and some say it support till 8 giga and some other configurations says (see below), can't find 4096MB x 2 slots = 8gig, 

● 6144 MB (4096 MB × 1 + 2048×1)

● 4096 MB (4096 MB × 1)

● 4096 MB (2048 MB × 2)

● 3072 MB (1024 MB × 1 + 2048MB × 1)

● 2048 MB (2048 MB × 1)

im planning to upgrade even my existing ram is already 4gig but when the system and other application run, it indicates that available or remaining ram is only 2gig (max), is it possible to put another 4gig? im afraid so maybe the system will not run.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.