Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sophia.

Well...now we will have to just try a couple of other things.

The first thing I recommend you do is to power cycle your high speed modem and router.

If they are separate pieces of hardware, turn everything off, including your PC.

Then unplug the wireless router and just start the high speed modem.

Wait a minute or two until all the lights have quit flckering.

Now, plug in the wireless router and let that boot up.

Wait a minute or two for the router to completely boot up, and now you can turn on your PC.

Now, go into your router's web based configuration menu, go into the wireless configuration sub-menu and change the broadcast channel to either channel 1 or 11. I prefer 11..

Save the settings and close.

See if that helps and please report the results.

If that doesn't work, we will try one other thing if possible.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, that did not resolve my problem... 😞

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Sophia

HP Recommended

Sorry none of those things worked.

One last thing that I know of to try...if that doesn't work, I'm afraid there is nothing else I can do to help other than to suggest you back up your files and do a system recovery.

Please look at the link below which shows you where to access the advanced wireless settings for your network adapter.  Now this is just an example for an Intel wireless card.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025393.htm

When you get to the same place as the example see if there is a wireless mode setting for your card.

If there is, and it is set to B/G/N, change it to B/G and reboot the PC.

See if that makes a difference.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

This unfortunately did not make a difference either.  Bummer.

Thanks for your help though - appreciate the effort to troubleshoot this.

Sophia

HP Recommended

Has any body solved this issue. I am having an identical one with my g6. I replace the wireless chip on Hp supports recommendation but it didn't help at all. I loose connection so often and have become so frustrated tring to troubleshoot this on my own that I actually just ordered a new computer, not a HP.

HP Recommended

I just posted about the drama going on with my Dv7, and THEN I saw the post with the info about the drivers.

Updated the drives and for a whole 10 minutes now, both laptops appear to be running up to speed!!  

I will be SOOO VERY HAPPY if this is the answer!

HP Recommended

Nope, the driver didn't fix it.

Suggestions?

Please?

HP Recommended

my wifi adopter is disable how can to change into enable

HP Recommended

Hey dawa, 

There is a button to toggle to WiFi adapter on and off. Depending on which product number you have, it may be on the F12 key or on a set of soft-touch buttons above the keyboard. It looks like this

If you provide me with your product number, I can let you know exactly where it is and what color the light should be.

Try pressing that button. If the color doesn't change, you may need to update your wireless and/or BIOS driver. Once I have your product number, I'll get you a direct link to the latest drivers for your notebook.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a HP G62-340US laptop with the same Atheros WiFi adapter.  But I didn't start having any problems until AFTER one of those Device Driver Update Programs "updated" the driver - then constantly dropping connection every two minutes or so.  My wife was getting pretty upset as she was trying to play Bingo as well as a few other games on Facebook!

It seems like every other week there's an updated driver for this adapter which really has me puzzled.  Why do they need to put out so many updates?  Just fix the errors, put out ONE update and be done with it!

I did see in another post about pulling out the WiFi card and reseating it, so I may try that.  It's weird though, sometimes I don't have this problem and other times I do.  That also makes me think it may "physical" as this being a laptop and is subject to jarring around.

If I come across the cause and the fix I'll post them!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.