cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ganchs
Level 2
14 7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problem with Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac022ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HI,

I have a problem with the WiFi adapter, after upgrading to Windows 10, the WiFi won't turn-on anymore.

I tried the ff:
Download the latest driver,
Uninstall and reinstall install the driver,
Installing HP support assist,
Reinstalling windows,

... Basically everything but nothing fixes the issue.

Note:
Laptop was total mess before I had it, corrupted hard disk, no Operating system, no recovery partition, no recovery disk or media.. I had to wipe out the hdd and reinstall windows 8, it was working fine until I upgrade to Windows 10.

Any suggestions???
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Amreen
Level 5
Level 5
233 232 17 62
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please install the wifi Broadcom drivers of windows 8/8.1 from HP.com

this would resolve the issue

and check  under control panel,network and sharing centre,change adapted settings ,the wifi is enabled

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
0 Kudos
arunsri
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem. Dont know what is the problem. Tried with all possible steps. Wifi speed is less but ethernet is fast as double. This problem persists not only for broadband also for dongle and other mobile services.

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation