cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bethieemoo Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems with WiFi Adapter

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My internet connection connects but has the hello warning icon as it isn't connected to the Internet. When I trouble shoot it said there was a problem with the driver for the WiFi Adapter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it hasn't worked. I have no internet and I don't know what else to try.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems with WiFi Adapter

Hi there @bethieemoo, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that you are having an issue with the wireless connection on your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC.

Here is a Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection tool that should be helpful to you. 

If the tool did not work, you can take a look at the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document. This document has troubleshooting steps and more information that may help you resolve the issue. 

• Have you tried to connect using Ethernet?
  • Does that connect fine?
  • Have you tried to test the Notebook's wireless by using another connection?
  • Have you tried to Restore the BIOS
  • Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working?
  • Have you tried to use the HP Support Assistant to update drivers?
  • Have you done anything new lately? Windows updates? Downloaded a new program/app? 
  • Are you receiving any error messages?

I know that you had expressed already uninstalling the Network Adapter, but could you please try the following again: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!  🙂 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thanks! 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation