Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 4
Message 11 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Realtek adapter.  I uploaded new driver but it did not solve the problem.  It is this adapter.  I contacted HP and I would have to send back the laptop for repair.  6 to 9 day turnaround.  This is not an option for me.  They do not send out the part for us to replace.  We need to get them to change this policy.   I only have connection problems with Realtek adapter.  All other computers connect & stay connected.  HP - start providing better customer support.

Hope we can get this resolved.

Highlighted
Level 1
2 2 0 3
Message 12 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on an Envy laptop with the same RealTek Wireless Adapter and with the most current driver.   It generally has trouble connecting when friends or family members do not have trouble connecting.

My other PCs (I have 5) have no trouble.

Need a fix.   It essentially makes the Laptop too unreliable to use as a portable device to the point I recommend they not buy an hp laptop with this adapter.

Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 13 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Futoji,

I am experiencing similar slow WiFi download on ENVY 15 running Windows 7 Professional, Running Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz.

Will this driver below also resolve slow Wi-Fi download (using speedtest.net - with download of 2.5MB to 3MB instead of 50MB)?

Released:
2014-02-19

File name:
sp65168.exe [1/1, 32.04M]

Version

Please advise.  If there are different drivers for Windows 7 Prof, for the RTL8188EE please provide link for driver download.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Use the older driver until they write a driver that actually works.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
33 33 0 9
Message 15 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've used the 2012.12.0325.2014 driver with Windows 8.1 for the past several days and it works fine.

Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 16 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Walshnuc, this is good news.  My Envy 15 has been working well with the new driver and I am clocking download speeds as high as 51MBPS.  I reported the results to HP support but they did not update the network drivers under hp.com/support.

It still shows the old version Version2012.6.1218.2013.

Thanks again for your advise.  I hope other users will benefit from the new driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
33 33 0 9
Message 17 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Benzano, there was someone on another thread with a similar issue. I pointed them to this thread and it worked for them as well. I imagine there must be quite a few customers experiencing this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 18 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! From ten years I repair laptops and desktops. I never recommend to people to buy HP. But when I was in UK I have no alternaticve choise around 500 paunds and I buy HP Pavilion 15-n268ea. Before I buy it i think a lot. Because I repair laptops many years I think "I'll be careful with it and everything will be OK" BUT...!!! I Wait from March 2014 update who fixes this wireless problem for Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1!!!! Almost one year!!! Now I'm in Bulgaria and I cant give back to the shop because the shop is in UK. Sorry HP, but I will never buy again your products and will never recommend them to my clients! Your support is ... you have no support. If you can't understand my position, try to travel between many countries without WiFi driver on your laptop, searching for cabble rj45 in the trains, coffee and other places. Because for me 1mbps is the same like to havent Internet and I can't do my job. Sorry, but this is the reality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
33 33 0 9
Message 19 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that CML, did you try driver version 2012.12.0325.2014 on:

http://www.driverscape.com/download/realtek-rtl818​8ee-802.11bgn-wi-fi-adapter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 20 of 66
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yesterday, after that i receive BSOD. After system restore I have missing wireless adapter in Device Manager with/without driver. I install last driver but again I haven't wireless adapter. After that I reinstall Windows 7 with full hard drive format and install the latest driver with who its work to 1mbps (speedtest.net). After that I install HP Connection Manager and the speed go to 25mbps/84mbps, but again that isn't full speed for my network. With other laptops I have 50mbps download and 90 upload via WiFi. With cabble everything is OK.
Via cable - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4076786822
Via WiFi - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4076792304

Now it's look better, but after time speed going down and need to reconnect to the WiFi to works like now, but I will say it again - this is not the perfect speed for my network, this is half for the WiFi because other laptops in my home have two times better speed.

My router is TP link 300mbps.
In other countries speed like this is hard to find, but in Bulgaria thats normal for 14leva/7 euro/.

Now I think to buy a nano usb wifi adapter. It's around 25 euro 300mbps. Maybe this is the best solutuon for me.

See and ping difference between cabble and WiFi.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation