cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lonicera
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Recovering Windows

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au107nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I have formatted my SSD drive by mistake, but the recovery partition in HDD still intact. So how can I use this partition to recovering Windows 10? I tried to execute the the bootmgr.efi file in the partition by using cmd, but I think it should be execute in uefi shell.

Thanks....

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lonicera

Happy New Year to you! Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have HP Pavilion - 15-au107nt laptop and have formatted the SSD and the recovery partition is intact in the HDD. You need assistance in performing a system recovery using the recovery partition. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned under Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly from this link: http://hp.care/2dW3S5w.

Please note that system recovery will only work if the HDD does no thave any issues and if none of the files from the recovery partition are affected. I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
lonicera
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy new year to all of community. Thanks for quick reply. I suppose my problem more complicated than your reply :smileysad:. I can't reach to HP recovery Manager. I wiped the SSD, when I was creating linux live usb by dd command.

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lonicera

You are welcome and thanks for replying. 🙂

If the SSD is preventing from reaching the recovery partition then you may remove theSSD out and let the laptop have only the hard drive untill the recovery is complete. Please refer to page no. 34 of the user guide to know how to remove the SSD out.

Post the recovery is successful, you may insert the SSD back into the laptop. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation