cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
45 33 3 4
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Recovery disks-quick question

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion dv7 4177 np
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Quick question-waiting on recovery disk.  The first ones did not work.  Anyway will I have to take out hard drive again. It is not the original one.  The original one needed to be placed.  Just wanted to make sure cause everything I have been reading  states to take out new internal hardware.  If so, when do I put back the hard drive once the disks are done with recovery and what about the application and driver disk.  I am trying to get all my questions answered in one post instead of many.

thanks,

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 3
58 52 1 1
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Umm, I can't really understand what you are trying to ask, (sorry if this is rude) so I need a shorter versoin of what you are trying to ask

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
45 33 3 4
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are not being rude.  Just needed to know steps to do the recovery cause I received several different ways to use the recovery disk from HP.  One way was to take the hard drive out but it still did not work.  Second was to leave it in there.  That is what I was asking.  I was following the instructions but was still having problems.  Hope it helps you to understand what I am trying to say.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
58 52 1 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ty, Keep it in man.

Highlighted
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,565 8,000
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
45 33 3 4
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
45 33 3 4
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great news...computer is up and running.  The second disks worked.  Thanks so much to everyone for your help.:smileyhappy:

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
45 33 3 4
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more thing if you need to purchase a recovery disk.  Get it from computer surgeons.  they give you complete instructions on how to install your disks.  From all the help I received here and their instructions worked.  I was never so happy to see the windows screen in all my life.  I have learned alot.  

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation