cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Recovery key not accepted

HP Elitebook 850 G1
Windows 7

New Elitebook 850 G1.  Started set up.  Wrote down recovery key.  Set up security.   Installed Mozilla Firefox.  Shut down.  Later when starting up, computer went immediately to f11 and driver encryption recovery.  Tried typing in recovery key but got message "file does not exist".  Went into BIOS to change password...still not accepted.  I have a brand new computer that is useless.  I am computer literate but not IT savvy.  Any help greatly appreciated.  Auntalee

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,349 14,086
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Call HP Support 800-334-5144  Or>> Chat with HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you Cheryl for your direction.  I spoke with Tyler at HP.  Long story short, the Elitebook 850 G1 I purchased as "Brand new, factory sealed", wasn't.  I gave Tyler the serial number and he said the computer had been originally purchased by Ryder and then Microsoft.  WinMagic Data Security is not an HP product.  I have contacted the seller to return the computer. Special thanks to Tyler for his tech support.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation