cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HPDM6
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Recovery partition not working. (0xc0000225)

HP Recommended

Hi to everyone.

Sorry if this have been sorted out already, but i've been searching for a couple of hours and i can't find a solid fix for my problem.

I have a HP M6-1045DX and i partitionned my 750 hdd into 3 smaller pieces ,i need now to put the computer back into factory state, but the recovery partition is not working anymore.

I get an error linked to 

File: \Boot\BCD

I tried to set the recovery partition as "active" in disk management but the option is grayed out.I tried he same using Active partition manager software  but i get and error : "partition record not found".

I can't use the recovery discs either because I just bought the computer and i did not make the recovery media (disks) yet.Now when i try to burn them i'm also getting an error.

:indifferent:

I have to return the computer to the store and i REALLY need to put it back to full factory state before doing so.

Is there any other way to re-activate or fix the recovery partition (without ordering the discs from HP)?

I really need help, please.

The computer is booting on Windows 7 x64 perfectly.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HaggisCat
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did this on purpose on one of my machines _ create more then 4 partitions _ and I couldn't find a solution either, other then to order the HP factory recovery discs.

Ounce you turn the partitions from Basic to Dynamic the only way to get things back to the way it was is to wipe the drive and start from scratch.

With me I got lucky though, I had mirror imaged the drive with W7 and with it, it also mirrored the recovery partition. After I restored the drive with my custom image, the recovery partition worked fine.

I realize this does not help you now, but for future referance.

You're just going to have to order your recovery discs... :indifferent:

0 Kudos
HPDM6
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.I've found another possible fix, but i'm not sure it's safe to use.

What will happen if i use a Linux live cd to try to mark the recovery partition as active?If it does work either, will i be able to boot back into Windows 7?

Edit : never mind, i tried and it's not working either.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation