Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

i got a HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook and it crashed because my sister "accidently" deleted an important system setting from the "add and or remove programs" and well lets just say it wont start up anymore. To make things better my dad had a BIOS password set for it and he doesnt remember it at all. It's a phoenixBIOS and I have already googled to see if there was a backdoor code to get in but nothing worked. Is there anyway to reset the BIOS that way I can reset the computer to factory settings?

HP Recommended

Hey.

You can try the following back door passwords: BIOS, CMOS, phoenix or PHOENIX.

Also try resetting your BIOS, by removing the CMOS battery and RAM for +-10min.

!!!NOTE: I have used this method once for a Phoenix BIOS. It did work, but it was an old BIOS.

Let me know if this helped you out.

HP Recommended

PC CMOS Cleaner wont touch a HP EliteBook BIOS password, waste of time

HP Recommended

hey i really appreciate your info, do you have a personal blog or something to follow thanks alot

HP Recommended

@tyzer

Im also having 6930p. I Need to break up the bios password urgently. can u pls help me by sharing the flash setup and guiding me to unset the bios password.

thnks a lot.

thnks

Looking for your reply.

HP Recommended

is this working for a 6560b also?

grtz,

dcat177

HP Recommended

Has anyone successfully changed the BIOS password in the 6530b? I have tried several different programs and instructions and nothing works... It always asks for the current BIOS password and when I get it wrong 3 times it brings the virtual keyboard up and then locks and asks for a shutdown... any suggestions? Mine is not under warranty anymore so HP probably wont help me.. HELP!

HP Recommended

Hi

I have such a laptop  (hp 6530b).

it had a bios password, but I had it removed.

It was not easy! since there is no method online that works.

Well, I was about to give up hope, but a friend of mine told me to call in to HP

Well, it worked:
I called HP and told them that I did not have the password
They sent me a file named "hpreadid.exe"
I ran it in dos, and got information about the computer.
I sent the information back to HP, on email. 
A few days later I received a new mail with a new file.
This file is called "sbapkey.exe"
I ran it in dos, and the bios password was removed.

they asked no questions, they where actually quite friendly
Hope this helps !
Best regards Erik

HP Recommended
Hi there! Good day! There is a password generator available online for this. However, I can see that non-technical users find it hard to grasp the solution available online.

All you need to do is enter 3 incorrect passwords and get the error code generated. It will be used to to generate a master password.

Check this link for instructions on how to get the bios password for your computer. They can be able to provide easy-to-follow instructions on how to get your BIOS password.

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/hp-compaq-and-mini-bios-password-retrieval-for-forgotten-passwords/

Regards,

Angela
HP Recommended

Dear Byeelectric

My brother given laptop to his employee and when he fired him, he return laptop but it is locked with fngerprint password at bios. Please suggest me what should I do? Laptop model is HP 6560b Corei5.

Waiting for reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.