Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was having the same problem when I was closing the laptop lid.

However sleep mode started working when I would go to "power" and then choose "sleep" manually rather than just close the lid.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I am also having this issue.  Happened immediately AFTER upgrading to Windows 10.  

This is very annoying and HP needs to do something soon (yesterday!?).  Turned off all ways to sleep the laptop (by the way, hibernate does not work either).

If this is not resolved in the next few days I will be calling them.  

HP Recommended

Sadly, the idea that I posted did not work. The problem resurfaced. I'll see if I can reinstall any drivers before the 29th

HP Recommended

Same problem here also on a HP Pavillion Laptop since the WINDOWS 10 Upgrade.

Seems it is not just HP products having problems. I came across old forum posts online from different brand users dating back to April 2014 when people were beta testing Windows 10, so clearly this problem should have been fixed.

Having to do a Hard Shut down on my laptop, which surely cannot be good for the internal components!

HP / Windows need to issue a fix for this. I will be contacting HP Support tomorrow.

I updated all drivers and for 1 shutdown it actually did it properly, then the problem came back!

Tempted to go back to Windows 8.1 already!

HP Recommended

I love you! This was so helpful.  

HP Recommended

Nevermind i just saw the other comments.  I cant get why HP/Windows still couldnt have fixed it. I tried talking to windows live chat and i waited for 2 hours but no response.  I justhope they can resolve this issue without me causing too much damage to my laptop due to forced shutdowns

HP Recommended

Are all the HP machines having problems INTEL based? Mine is, but my AMD based laptop is working fine!!!

HP Recommended

I am currently online in chat with HP Tech Support and they have elevated my issue. Awaiting any answer now. I have just asked them about the INTEL/AMD question.

HP Recommended

It is most likely caused by intel graphics. I have two displayers and GeForce works fine and doesnt create any issues after disabling intel hd. This is however useless solution due to amount power needed for this displayer.

What works for me so far is logging out first and then going to sleep mode.

HP Recommended

Re: RmeDad

I think it's INTEL / HP because I upgraded my Dad's HP Pavilion laptop and he has no issues and he is AMD as well. 

Very annoying. 

I hope we get a response soon - I've posted onto Microsoft Community Support (as their Chat Answer Desk isn't working) as well in case they have anything. 

I read an old HP article suggesting BIOS updating might sort the issue.

But i know that updating BIOS when it isn't required can mess with the machine (I did it last year and got BSOD - learnt not to update everything HP lists).

Does anyone know or tried an BIOS update?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.