When i tried to install the update it shows the error message and rolling back action become started. the error message is- "Error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file c:\Windows\Installer\HP Active Support Libarary.msi" and after the rolling back action starts again an error message appears on the screen-"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation. consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information." kindly help me out. I am using HP 530 Notebook PC and operating system is Windows Vista Business 32 bit.
I had the exact same error messages when I was attempting to update the HP Active Support Library on my HP/Compaq Presario F572US with Vista Home Premium. The reason that I was getting the error was that the HP Active Support Library.msi was never copied to the correct folder on my system. This is how I corrected that issue.
1. Download the SP41377.exe using the HP Update Tool. I followed the on screen instructions allowing for the install of all the necessary files into C:\SwSetUp\sp41377. Yes the install failed, the following steps will correct that error.
2. Open the folder C:\SwSetUp\sp41377 and find the file HP Active Support Library.msi. It will be the second largest file. Copy it to the clip board (Crtl+C) and keep the folder open.
3. Double click the following: Computer, Local Disk(C:), Windows. In the file URL at the top of the window enter “\installer\” and press enter.
4. Scroll down past the folders and into the single msi (Microsoft Installer) files. Paste (Ctrl+V) the HP Active Support Library.msi file here! Close this folder.
5. In the SwSetUp\sp41337 folder, find the setup executable and run it. The update will install correctly and completely.
6. Run the HP Total Care Advisor to verify the installation is final and correct. There should be no critical updates under the PC Update section. Run PC Health Check for any other issues that may be lurking. This is where the HP Active Support Library runs.