Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

SP41377 Error - HP Active Support Library Error

HP Recommended
            When i tried to install the update it shows the error message and rolling back action become started. the error message is- "Error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file c:\Windows\Installer\HP Active Support Libarary.msi" and after the rolling back action starts again an error message appears on the screen-"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation. consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."  kindly help me out. I am using HP 530 Notebook PC and operating system is Windows Vista Business 32 bit.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 13
10,920 10,841 772 4,458
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to this link. There are all procedures how to solve this problem. If there will be any problem read Jakub Miziołek post. His solution is the best.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the exact same error messages when I was attempting to update the HP Active Support Library on my HP/Compaq Presario F572US with Vista Home Premium. The reason that I was getting the error was that the HP Active Support Library.msi was never copied to the correct folder on my system.  This is how I corrected that issue.

1. Download the SP41377.exe using the HP Update Tool.  I followed the on screen instructions allowing for the install of all the necessary files into C:\SwSetUp\sp41377.  Yes the install failed, the following steps will correct that error.

2. Open the folder C:\SwSetUp\sp41377 and find the file HP Active Support Library.msi.  It will be the second largest file.  Copy it to the clip board (Crtl+C) and keep the folder open.

3. Double click the following: Computer, Local Disk(C:), Windows.  In the file URL at the top of the window enter “\installer\” and press enter.

4. Scroll down past the folders and into the single msi (Microsoft Installer) files.  Paste (Ctrl+V) the HP Active Support Library.msi file here!  Close this folder.

5. In the SwSetUp\sp41337 folder, find the setup executable and run it.  The update will install correctly and completely. 

6. Run the HP Total Care Advisor to verify the installation is final and correct.  There should be no critical updates under the PC Update section.  Run PC Health Check for any other issues that may be lurking.  This is where the HP Active Support Library runs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lik does not work...

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation