cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

STILL not able to use sleep or hibernate mode.

HP ENVY x360 - m6-103dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So, I've had this laptop since May 2016 - direct from manufacturer refirb.

Since then, HP has not been able to get the Sleep and Hibernate functions to work. Currently, the only power options currently enabled are Restart and Shut Down.

1. If you close the lid, the screen goes black but the computer will not go to sleep. When you reopen the lid, the screen will remain black and no amount of key pressing OR tapping of power buttons will restore Windows. You are only left with the option of a hard restart. For this, it doesn't matter if the sleep or hibernate functions are either enabled or disabled. 
  2. If you enable Sleep and/or Hibernate, and select the Sleep or Hibernate functions, the computer's screen will go blank and the computer will remain on. You can tap keys or run your finger over the touch pad and it will not wake up. Again, the only option is to do a hard restart.

I have a conference in a few days, and I am presenting several times. I would like to be able to close the lid and reopen it without having to do a hard restart - because otherwise I'm forced to shut down completely.

HP has updated all the software - or says they have - and did a bunch of BIOS stuff...but I couldn't follow along.

I'm very frustrated and am in need of help.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,760 104,938 16,562 25,412
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally you get that effect when the chipset and/or graphics drivers are not installed.

The only suggestions I can offer would be to try installing the latest chipset driver from Intel.

You want the 2nd driver down on the left side of the page.  Install and restart the PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?pr...

If that doesn't resolve the problem, try reinstalling the Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74635.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried everything you've suggested, and no luck.

I did succeed in somehow disabling HP Support Assistant and finding an error in Device Manager issue - Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framwork Manager.

Also, did some digging and tried to access the settings options for the keyboard, but it's grayed out. One person said they got into it to make it so the keyboard woke the computer. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation