09-06-2015 11:58 AM
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, I've just upgraded to win10 from 7 home premium and now the scroll function in on my synapitcs touchpad isn't working. I've tried updating the drivers for it, removing them even rolling back to previous drivers but to no avail.
09-06-2015 02:10 PM
SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT SAVING (Scroll not working ) settings solution
- Download version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.
- Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model. Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu. Look for the download in the "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" category. If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is listed, download it.
- If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is NOT listed, download the driver directly from HP (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68198.exe).
- In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
- Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
- Click Stop to stop the service from running.
- Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
- In the Control Panel, select Device Manager.
- Click the "+" next to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" to expand that category.
- Double-click on the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad to bring up its properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab and click Uninstall.
- Check the box to delete the driver software for this device, then click OK to uninstall.
- In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down to HP Control Zone (published by Synaptics Incorporated) and uninstall it.
09-14-2015 06:00 AM
Thank you for this ... very detailed!
However, my problem has not been a saving issue, it has been finding a driver that will work in Windows 10. All other unrelated Windows 10 applications are working fine. I cannot use Edge, or windows menues. Chrome, etc work fine.
Before I do all of this, are you thinking this will work for me?
Thank you again!