cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scroll not working

dv7 3111ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, I've just upgraded to win10 from 7 home premium and now the scroll function in on my synapitcs touchpad isn't working. I've tried updating the drivers for it, removing them even rolling back to previous drivers but to no avail. 

Help!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 4
128 128 8 37
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scroll not working

SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT SAVING (Scroll not working ) settings solution

1. Download version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.
    • Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model.  Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu.  Look for the download in the "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" category.  If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is listed, download it.
    • If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is NOT listed, download the driver directly from HP (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68198.exe).
  2. Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).
  3. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.
    • In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
    • Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
    • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
    • Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
  4. Uninstall version 19 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver.
    • In the Control Panel, select Device Manager.
    • Click the "+" next to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" to expand that category.
    • Double-click on the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad to bring up its properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Uninstall.
    • Check the box to delete the driver software for this device, then click OK to uninstall.
  5. Uninstall version 19 of the Synaptics TouchPad Software (HP Control Zone).
    • In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
    • Scroll down to HP Control Zone (published by Synaptics Incorporated) and uninstall it.
  6. Restart your computer.
  7. Install version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.
  8. Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Synaptics TouchPad Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 19 of the driver.)
  9. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).
  10. Restart your computer again.
  11. Rejoice!  Your TouchPad settings will finally save across sessions again. 
Highlighted
Level 2
11 8 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scroll not working

Thank you for this ... very detailed!  

However, my problem has not been a saving issue, it has been finding a driver that will work in Windows 10.  All other unrelated Windows 10 applications are working fine.  I cannot use Edge, or windows menues.  Chrome, etc work fine.

Before I do all of this, are you thinking this will work for me?  

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scroll not working

Excellent this worked for my machine. Many thanks !

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation