cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I stumbled onto the solution.  My ENVY, Windows 8.1 had trouble too.  I got the simple pass login to work but couldn't open simple pass thereafter, or register web sites or get previously registered web sites to work.  Now it works and registers web sites.  All I did was run msconfig, found "Validity WBF Policy Service" in the services tab and checked it's box.  Then I pressed Apply and OK and rebooted.  I have a new problem now, however.  Now simple pass won't let me register my pinky.  It can't read my swipes!  What's up with that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 32 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problems with my simplpass E4S19ua#ABA. It don't work!  I have spent hours and hours working with HP tech support and they could not fix it. They finally suggested tha I REFRESH my pc and that will solve the problem . Well thats a drastic step reinstalling all my programs. 

Has anyone done that and did it work?

Frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 33 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Joel,

Thank you so much for your info.  You have been the most help I've found.  Now, who do we contact and how do we go about it?

I am very frustrated with this - taking up way too much of my time, as I'm sure you and everyone else have been affected the same way.

Thanks for your further help - glad you are willing to share!

Patti (kocan)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 122 369
Message 34 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Ectophile ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.  I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 7 0 4
Message 35 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whoever decided to call this product "simple" anything needs to be fired. As mentioned previously I went back to Version 6 and for me it works most of the time. It does fall asleep on occasion and a reboot is needed to get it back working.  Making someone go through an entire new computer startup in hopes of having one product work properly is a pretty telling story for HP's software skills. Sad is all I can say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 122 369
Message 36 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Ectophile ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to chech your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 37 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding, Joel.  Sounds like I've got a big project ahead.  I will proceed as I have time.  I agree that being given those 3 choices would be the very LEAST they could do! 

They've caused considerable headaches as well as eaten up lots of time.  I can tell users are very frustrated.  I hope everyone takes whatever measures needed in order to get satisfaction.  This is just not okay - not in 2014!!

If I get it fixed, I will sure let everyone know!

Patti

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation