cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sakari
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Slate 2 / Swype keyboard layouts

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

My first post here and I hope I placed this into a correct subforum.

I recently got a Slate 2 and something came up with the Swype virtual keyboard that my local HP reps are unable to help with. Being finnish I yearn for finnish/Scandinavian keyboard layout to be able to enter those dotted Scandinavian characters (Ä, Ö and Å for example). I find it rather crippling for emails and such, not being able to enter all the characters - and on the go, virtual keyboard is all-in-all for a tablet PC.

I have been unable to locate any possible additional keyboard layouts for the Swype and I would greatly appreciate any help overcoming this particular predicament.

My current emergency solutions have been to either type everything first into Google translate text box with their virtual keyboard or use the rather inconvenient bluetooth keyboard I have as a leftover from a very old Nokia phone. I really would like to have an appropriate keyboard layout for my locale in Swype, even if I have to somehow create one myself (with reasonable instructions).

Thank You very much for your time reading this.

1 REPLY 1
Sakari
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
A kind person pointed out to me that Windows OS itself has a virtual keyboard. This being my first device without a physical keyboard, I had overlooked that completely.

This effectively solves my problems with input, even if the MS provided virtual keyboard has some pretty weird bugs in it (such as stubbornly refusing to work with extended desktop mode, but that particular feature messes up the tablet throughly anyway few times a day, so it's in line with the experience as a whole).

Perhaps this will turn up in searches for possible others that have the same question, thus my own "reply" to the post.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation