Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Spectre x360 disassembly issue trying to replace SSD

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi all,

As others on the forum have asked I am also looking to replace the SSD in my Spectre x360. I5 model sporting the 128GB drive, planning to replace with a Samsung 850EVO 500GB drive. But I can't get that far. I've used both the HP manual and this post I saw on LaptopUltra (can't seem to paste the link on smartphone :/) on taking steps to get that bottom out. However, no luck at all. I can get the corners free, but that's about it. It seems stuck around the center of the back and the front. And I'm not planning on using excessive force to get it out. Can anyone help. Disassembly video or whatever, everything helps. Tia
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/hp-spectre-pro-x360-disassembly/

Looks like there are hidden screws under these rubber boots

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's what I first expected, but the HP manual only mentions the 6+2 Torx T5 screws I removed. I can lift up the corners to see there's no screws below the rubber feet holding it in place. I have all the screws for sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just use some plastic tool , like guitar pick , or credit card , it works well

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where would you apply the pressure? This thing is really stuck.

Edit: Success! Using two 1mm guitar picks I was able to snap out the bottom plate moving both picks around the bottom towards the front and just being patient. Recovering Winstallation now 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you manage to put Samsung 850EVO 500GB in?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation