Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A. yes that is the correct file in the x64 folder

B.Yes the service add reg.  Leave the service ad reg line but remove everything in that secion.  Leave a space between service add reg and the next section.

No problem on the questions.  So far so good.  Everyonce in a while if I am doing something cpu intensive the mouse gitters but it comes right back.  No need to disconnect the monitor from the keyboard.  I haven't used it a lot yet today though so going to try and get some time in the rest of the day / tonight.

HP Recommended

I just got the stuttering to stop as well.  You need to turn off the "smart sense" in the synaptics touch pad settings.  Turn it completely off.  My mouse and touch screen are working flawlessly now.  I will probably end up getting an external mouse at some point though because I really don't like this touch pad haha.

HP Recommended

epayson85, please let us know if the fix stuck or not! I would like to start linking to this thread for users looking for a fix, but I noticed that these posts are very recent.

Regardless, I'll test this fix out myself and report back with my findings! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Alright, successfully installed the latest driver from the Synaptics website per the instructions listed here. Worked great, as far as I can tell so far. The touchpad didn't work until I removed the tablet from the keyboard and remounted it, at which point it began to function after a few seconds or so.

Driver version in Device Manager reads 17.0.10.9, which I assume is the same as 17.0.19.

Regardless, I recommend creating a system restore point before installing these unsigned drivers. To do so, open the Charms bar, tap the search button, and type in "Create a restore point." At the bottom, you'll see a "Create" button. Press that and follow the insctructions. Be sure to label it so you know what it is should you need to come back to it.

HP Recommended

I have been using it all day while watching tv.  It has frozen once in the last few hours but it comes right back in 2 seconds.  No need to reboot or disconnect the keyboard.  It certainly fixed it well enough for me.  Also the touch screen has never stopped working.  Its not perfect but it is certainly good enough for other to move to windows 8.1 / for me to not go back to windows 8.

HP Recommended

correct the device manager drivers still read the old driver version but when you open the software it reads the new driver version.  Something gets updated, I just can't figure out what.  All I know is.... its working.

HP Recommended

Sounds good enough for me! I'll keep using it and report back with anything. Thanks again!

Where exactly are you finding the Synaptics software on your PC?

HP Recommended

Its in my control panel / in the mouse properties.  It says it is an evaluation version haha.  Do you not have it?  Do your gestures on the mouse pad work?

HP Recommended

I found it. Strange...opening the software doesn't yield any weird warnings, etc. I've noticed that the "Profiles" and "Info" buttons at the far bottom don't open anything, though.  Driver version in that field if you click on "Mouse" still reads 17.0.10.9. I wonder if it even did anything. I DID uninstall the original driver before installing the new one. Odd that you have different results. I'll try this again.

But yes, everything is still in working order. Did you delete the old drivers when you uninstalled them?

HP Recommended

Try this - uninstall everything.  Install the old driver, then enable non signed drivers, install the new driver, then boot into safemode.  Copy the entire contents of the 64bit folder to the synaptics folder in program files. Tell it to overwrite everything.  Reboot into normal mode.  It should all work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.