cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
johnwh21136
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stream is not automatically connecting to Wifi and displaying wrong connection icon in taskbar tray.

HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The internet connection icon in the lower right taskbar of WIndows 10 displays a LAN connection when I am connected via wifi. And when I shut down or restart my stream my wifi network does not automatically connect. I have follwed everything instruction I could find about this issues, but no solution has worked. Restarted, shut down, changed settings back to default, checked wireless network adaptor (reset, uninstalled, reinstalled), etc

My stream has worked automatically connecting to wifi for 2 months and all of the sudden there is this problem. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @johnwh21136,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you have not had any issue with connecting to your network and the  Internet for the last two months,  but now when connected it shows a LAN connection. You have restarted, shut down, changed the settings back to defaults, checked the adapter, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver to no avail.

Previously it would automatically connect to your network when it was restarted.

I would try deleting the wireless adapter and than scan for hardware changes..

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

You could also try this step.

Go to the command prompt administrator

Type sfc /scanow and press enter

This will scan for corrupted files and try to repair them.

Next  if you have restore points  before this occurred you could do a restore to when it was working properly.

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎.

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck!

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the “Thumbs UP Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation