Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

System Recovery problem

HP Recommended

Hello, i would like to restore my laptop to the the way it was when i first purchased it, but the problem is that i deleted the files in the recovery partition and i never made recovery disk (something i strongly regret now).

Is there any way i can do it? if so, id really apreciate it, since i made some mistakes with it, and would like it like it used to be.

My laptop is a dv7-1245dx.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could try undelete, http://www.recuva.com/download

or there's always this: 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your help... i downloaded recuva, and made a system scan... but i have no idea what files i need to recover

checking the list, i saw that the state of restorewiz.exe was unrecoverable, is that it? i have no other way but to purchase the recovery disks? 

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

johnystar wrote:

thanks for your help... i downloaded recuva, and made a system scan... but i have no idea what files i need to recover

checking the list, i saw that the state of restorewiz.exe was unrecoverable, is that it? i have no other way but to purchase the recovery disks

thanks in advance

John, restorewiz likely comes into play if you have backup data as opposed to vista rec files. Now, the files you want to restore should be tagged as from the D😕 drive or D Part or maybe Rec Part. Be sure you have system and hidden files allowed to be viewed. Let me know After your file restore runs you the vista rec files hopefully will be identifiable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,459
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@johnystar

Hi,

Vista backup. How to do it all informations here.

How to get Recovery disk all informations here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

greetings,  I have a pavilion dv7-1245dx.  The problem i ran into was that i formatted the HDD, yes including the backup drive D:.  The issue arose when i was having the initial problem with the CD/DVDW in win7.  Right the be thing it is for is loading MS-Dos and windows 3.1.  I have tried everything under the sun.  The CD/DVDW is still having issues.  I tried to do a boot from a flash drive with no success.  Considering getting a recovery disk but it will do me no good if the CD/DVDW isnt working properly.  My question is, does anyone know how i can get somekind of advanced operating system on my machine?

thanks in advance

Dennis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,701 38,158 3,350 14,088
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fixxer831

Is your laptop still within the standard 1 year warranty? If so HP will replace the CD/DVDRW drive. It is also possible that it will work with Recovery DVD and the problem actually occurs only after  the laptop is booted up.

The link to order Recovery Disks is on your models page HERE The link only works about 20% of the time unfortunately, but you can Contact HP  Chat,email or phone support there.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation