cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stbillyosei
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

System start up error Cooling fun

HP Recommended

I have a HP 2000 Notebook and when I start it, I get the error message that the system cooling fun does not work porperly and that will make my system reboot frequently.  Press start to continue system boot and it goes off 15 seconds after the error desplays.

Can someone please help me on this

Best regards

Billy

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AttackofZaq
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 822
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello stbillyosei. I understand you're receiving an error about your cooling fan during boot. Is this correct?

This error means that the main cooling fan on your notebook has detected a problem. Generally, it means that the fan is dead or dying. There are a few things you could try before having to look into replacing the fan or another repair. Try the following.

First, follow the steps in this document. It covers cleaning the fan area of your notebook. This will get rid of any dust/debris which may be obstructing your fans.

After cleaning the fan area you should perform a hard reset. This forces the notebok to re-initialize the hardware and can solve a wide variety of problems. Here are the steps.

1. Power down the notebook.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds.
  4. Replace battery and AC power.
  5. Power up notebook and verify that the issue was or was not resolved.
  6. Post the result.

Let me know the result; I'll keep an eye out for your reply. Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
MARSHKUCK
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I HAVE DONE THOSE STEPS YOU HAVE TOLD ME BUT  THE PROBLEMS STILL EXIST AND IF WINDOW IS STARTING AND WORKING GOOD BUT AT THE SIDE OF FAN IS TOO HOT, PLEASE HELP ME MORE

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation