Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Machine won't power on.

I have an HP DV6000, and the thing wont power on. I have had it for over a year, and my warranty is up. I press the power button, and the Power and HDD Indicators and touch controls turn on for about a second, and then turn back off. I have tried this with and without the power adapter. When i plug in the power adapter, the machineindicates that the battery is charging (it indicates through the charging indicator light (Looks like a Lightning Bolt).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mahamn

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is not working on anymore and the battery isn't charging either,

I’ll be glad to help you out, however, to provide an accurate solution,
I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any other steps on your own (apart from the ones mentioned) before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
  2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
  3. Start computer using the battery only
  4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
  5. What you can do if the computer still does not start up or boot properly
  6. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.