cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

I have an Elitebook 8530p and i let my daughter use it, now my touchpad doesnt work at all, did she disable it somehow, i bought a USb mouse and it works but i cant fint a BIOS setting or snything else, when it turns on it says mouse not detected, does anyone know how to fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

check right between the touchpad and the spacebar

on most newer notebooks there is a touchpad on/off button

Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

On the Elitebook  8530p there is no such button, any other suggestions?
Highlighted
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,456
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

Hi,

Go to:

Control Panel/Mouse/Devices settings

Click on Synaptics TouchaPad there and choose below in the same window Switch on.

Maybe this will work for You.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

im having the same issues.

i have a pavillion dv6910us

the device options do not show the touchpad 

and

device manager shows it with a code 24

any help will be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,456
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Issues

Hi,

From Microsoft support site:

"Code 24

This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

Cause

The device is installed incorrectly. The problem could be a hardware failure, or a new driver might be needed.

Devices stay in this state if they have been prepared for removal. After you remove the device, this error disappears.

Recommended resolution

Remove the device, and this error should be resolved."

Try to reinstall drivers here.

If this won't help then uninstall Your current driver for touchpad and install latest driver for it from here. There is now avaible version 13.2.6.1.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation