cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ganchs
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB port not working

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k201ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

i have a problem with one of my USB port, specifically this one.HP_Envy_15_k010ng_Anschluesse_2_von_2.jpg it was working fine, and suddenly it stopped working, not detecting anything i connect, flash drives, hdd, wireless mouse, etc.

i did a bios update already, but did nothing more. i dont want to open the laptop because it is still under seller's warranty and i dont want to bring it to the service center if it is only a software issue..

can anyone please help ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB port not working

Your notebook has 3 USB 3.0 ports.

If only one of the three is not working then the issue is not a software (driver) issue. It is a hardware issue. That is not something that can be repaired in a manner other than replacing the systemboard or using micro soldering techniques to repair a burned trace on the systemboard. 

The driver for the USBports is supplied by the chipset driver. You can use the Device Manager to see if the USB ports have their driver.  Hold down the Windows key and tap the X key. Choose Device Manager to invoke it. Verify that there are no devices without drivers installed.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation