Note on archived topics.
02-06-2014 12:10 PM
This is the first time I see that the windows firewall is turned off and when I try to turn on from the action centre it shows as below; then when I click on manual settings it shows as the second screen.
I did try to install the HP updates however it still shows a red alert in security status, see below.
Currently using the Quick heal Total security and it is valid for 3 years.
HP ENVY 4 Notebook PC - Operating system: Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Service Pack 1
Please advice how to fix this issue, thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-06-2014 01:06 PM
As you are having trouble in turning on firewall please find the below steps to resolve this issue.
Perform the following steps and install the automatic updates and then try enabling the firewall.
Run an online scan to check any viruses or any malicious software:
Run Security Centre as an Administrator ;
Perform the following steps and update the computer:
1. Click Start, type Notepad in the Start Search box, and then click Notepad in the Programs list.
2. Copy the following text, and then paste the text into Notepad:
sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start DcomLaunch
Click File, click Save As, and then type Repair.bat.
3. In the Save as type box, click All Files (*.*).
4. In the Save in box, click Desktop, and then click Save.
5. On the File menu, click Exit.
6. Right -click the Repair.bat file that you saved in step 5, and then click Run as administrator. This action starts the required services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
7. Try to install the updates again. If you can install the updates, delete the Repair.bat file. To delete the Repair.bat file, right-click Repair.bat, click Delete, and then click Yes..
· Try enabling the firewall after these steps.
Hope this information is useful to you.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee