cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bjain
Level 2
12 9 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading BIOs, but got a message that the operating system secure boot mode has changed

HP Recommended

Dear Community,

I tried to upgrade the Bios of my laptop, a couple of restarts a message came to allow a chnage in the operating syetm boot mode change (021). I am following the instructions set by HP to upgrade to windows 8. I need to neter a code to grant the change or press esc to continue with out the change.

A bit scared, as I don't want to damage my laptop.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bjain
Author
Level 2
12 9 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I resolved it, just continue with the change. Everything will be alright.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Bjain
Author
Level 2
12 9 1 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer says:

A change to the operating Secure Boot mode is pending. Please enter the pass code displayed below to complete the change. If you did not initiate this request, press ESC key to continue with accepting the pending change.

The Hp instructions say that it should restart with no requests.

Bjain
Author
Level 2
12 9 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I resolved it, just continue with the change. Everything will be alright.

View solution in original post

busboy
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after entering code...what do u do next .......WHAT DO I PRESS ECT    i want to install w7 get this ABSOLUTLY CRAP W8 OFF

busboy
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it doesnt restart on it own.........after you enter instructions. code ect...it stays exactly the same..what are u suppose to do   what buttton  ect      IT CERTAINLY DOESNT RESTART ITS SELF AFTYER ENTERING CODE

COME ON HP      GIVE  me step by step how to get pass this and install w7 plz

Sarfcarsi
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

slm

simui
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The message is as a change to the operating system secure boot mode is pending. please enter the pass code displayed to complete the change. If you did not initiate this request, press the ESC key to continue without accepting the pending change. Operating system boot mode change (021) 7371+enter- to complete the change

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation