Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ruthannrnc Top Student
Top Student
1 0 4
Message 1 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VFS file conversion; unable to open

My flash drive was inserted into the All-In-One 7200 and now all the photos and videos on it are unreachable in a .VFS file. What program should I use to open that so that I can have access to all the photos on my flash drive? Why did HP change that and make my photos unreachable?
42 REPLIES
Highlighted
nlcarlisle Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the photosmart a826. We have only used it 3 times and 2 of the 3 times it has made the memory card unreadable and created the .vfs file.  We have lost hundreds of pictures because of this.  Very upset to lose that many memories.

0 Kudos
thartge Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem

I purchased a new HP printer and

Without a warning the printer converted my pictures to a VFS file format

Is there a way convert them back

0 Kudos
mmww Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 4 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ignore the VFS file - look for a directory called DCIM on the photo card. That's where I found my photos.

Tags (1)
WINDOWS764BIT Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THANKS MMWW

0 Kudos
condie Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What program should be used to open a file with the .VFS extension?

0 Kudos
shaucal Tutor
Tutor
11 0 6
Message 7 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See earlier post this thread.  Ignore the VFS file and look for a folder called 'DCIM'.  Your scan(s) should be inside that folder. I'm one of those having to use a memory stick plugged into the USB port on the C7280 because my C7280 will no longer scan to my Win 7/64-bit PC.

(Really strange. Can scan from 2 laptops on my home network - not Win 7 - and from my PC IF I use the memory stick but not from the directly connected PC. No problems printing though.)  Years have gone by and HP has yet to fix this...  I guess they figure I'll go buy a new Win7-compatible HP printer.  (Yeah - like new HP HW is ANYWHERE in MY future!)     

Tori_2000 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 8 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ shaucal

I have 2 PC with Win7 and I can scan directly into them, however not from the printer, but from the PC. I open a browser (IE or firefox or other) window with the IP address of the printer and it gives me a status and other info. From there I chose webscan and it will scan into my pc. Just make sure you have what you want scanned in the printer before scanning. 

shaucal Tutor
Tutor
11 0 6
Message 9 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes - that seems to scan a single page on the glass successfully - thanks.  'Doesn't seem to operate the sheet feeder though.

0 Kudos
pauledst Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with my HP3970 scanner. HP drivers for the scanner are not updated to work with Win 7. Easy way to obsolete a fine scanner!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation