cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PeteD57
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Virtualisation enabling in the BIOS

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv9700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In order to run VMWare client, I need to enable vt-x (virtualisaion)

I upgraded the BIOS from F.57 to F58 (The latest published by HP) bit there isn't an option to enable it in the BIOS. (In fact, I have never seen so few configuration options in a BIOS before)

I tried google, and read a lot of irrelevant threads, then found this forum but a search for virtualisation returns zero hits.

I don't believe I am the first person to have this problem on a relatively old piece of hardware. I downloaded Coreinfo from Sysinternals and the output tells me the processor is capable.... I am considering loading an unapproved BIOS but would prefer to stay on the safe side of the track if anyone can provide any insight??

Thanks in advance!

Pete

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation