cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vladislavs
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Warranty question

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-u363cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
My laptop is still within warranty (ends June 2017). A week ago power button broke and I was not able to turn it on. When I shook it, I heard something broke inside, something was loose. I needed my laptop for work, so I opened it, I found the problem and I was able to turn it on again. Now, I always have to keep it on / or sleep mode, or I always have to open it, to turn it back on again.
Is my warranty voided now?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will have to ask HP about that.

Normally if you are able to open up a notebook or PC  for an upgrade without it being obvious or damaging something inside, the warranty is not void.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation