Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi can any one help me with built in webcam not working

HP Recommended

I can't seem to activate my webcam. The device manager says the device is working properly. Any instructions anyone can give me? Thanks in advance. Richard

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, jjstiff! This was exactly my problem - after a few months of functioning when I first bought my laptop, my camera and built-in microphone stopped showing up at all in the Device Manager. I'd tried various BIOS upgrades and hardware searches to no avail. When I saw your post, I skipped ahead to part two and took off the bezel around my screen. Sure enough, the connector to the camera had become ever-so-slightly detached. I pushed it back in, closed the thing back up, and now the internal microphone and the camera are working perfectly!

HP Recommended

Salve, stesso problema, ho un HP pavilion dv7 7080EL e anche il mio non rileva la webcam... andando in gestione risorse, mi dice proprio dispositivo sconosciuto... è come se non trovasse piu i driver.. pero casa assurda, ogni tanto decide di funzionare e poi all'improvviso si spegne nuovamente e non ne vuole piu sapere.

Che posso fare? ma esistono dei driver aggionati da poter sostituire, sul sito della HP io non trovo nulla in merito... 

Grazie e attendo notizie

HP Recommended
ho letto che potrebbe essere il connettore della webcam lento, ma non mi fido a controllarlo da sola... cosa dovrei fare eventualmente x controllarlo??
grazie
HP Recommended

Hello, same problem, i UN 7080EL and HP Pavilion dv7 ALSO, does not detect my webcam ... AndAndo in Windows Explorer, it tells me Just Unknown Device ... And more to come if you do not find the driver .. Pero House absurd, sometimes decides to work and then suddenly switches off again and does not want to know more.
I CAN rate? but there are drivers aggionati to be able to replace, on the website of HP I do not I find anything about it ...
I read it could be the connector webcam slow, but I do not trust a check by myself ... What would I possibly rate x control it?
thanks

HP Recommended

It's the cable!

I struggled with this for a long time, I was ready to ship it back to HP for repair.

Then I found this youtube video showing a simple fix (took less than 30 seconds).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc

HP Recommended

Got the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC. I followed your instructions from part II and now everything is ok.

HP, pease, more attention with the quality of your prodcts!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.