Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Serial number: 5CG3300H25
Windows 8.1

So i have this black squre thing in my screen and im not sure what it is. I thought that it would have been a problem with the pixles in my screen but when i turned my screen around i slammed it, well i wouldnt say slammed maybe more like banged it onto the table a bit but it then it fell lower in my screen. It is like a 3D black square in my screen and it doesnt stick out at all. When i share screens on skype people cant see it so iknow it not the screen i guess but it on the inside. I dont really know how to describe it more then that. I can click in that area and my screen is touch screen by the way so I can click or touch that area. it still works. It also smooth when i touch so iknow it in the screen.IMG_20141230_132617995.jpgIMG_20141230_132639092.jpgIMG_20141230_132641768.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SpunkyMuffler

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

What a odd thing to have happened!  :Surprise:

I am pretty sure there is no software fix for bits stuck in the screen.  :Crying:

You are most probably going to have to either take apart the unit yourself -- lacking warranty and resources to have it repaired -- OR you can send it to HP or another reputable Repair house and have the bit removed.  Because everything works properly, the repair shouldn't cost a great deal -- perhaps not anything at all if the box is under warranty.

I would ask to have the piece returned; you could place it in a tiny jar next to the computer.  Smiling.

You can contact HP directly and ask a Technician about this:

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

List of

HP tech support/ Customer Service Phone Numbers – Some English Speaking Countries

Warranty Required – USA and Canada

USA – Contact HP // Self-Help – Email - Chat

======================== ===============================

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help.

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

SpunkyMuffler

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

What a odd thing to have happened!  :Surprise:

I am pretty sure there is no software fix for bits stuck in the screen.  :Crying:

You are most probably going to have to either take apart the unit yourself -- lacking warranty and resources to have it repaired -- OR you can send it to HP or another reputable Repair house and have the bit removed.  Because everything works properly, the repair shouldn't cost a great deal -- perhaps not anything at all if the box is under warranty.

I would ask to have the piece returned; you could place it in a tiny jar next to the computer.  Smiling.

You can contact HP directly and ask a Technician about this:

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

List of

HP tech support/ Customer Service Phone Numbers – Some English Speaking Countries

Warranty Required – USA and Canada

USA – Contact HP // Self-Help – Email - Chat

======================== ===============================

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much i will do that then (:

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

I hope the issue turns out to be minor.

Happy New Year 2015!

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.