Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
InfoSeach Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do I do after I replace defective Pavilion dv6t_6c00 CTO hard drive with new hard drive.

Pavilion dv6t_6c00 CTO laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

What do I do to make my laptop start up after replacing my defective hard drive with a new hard drive?

My original hard drive on my Pavilion dv6t_6c00 CTO laptop is defective so I ordered a clean replacement hard drive with the following specs:

• HD Capacity: 500GB
  • HD Type: HDD
  • HD Size: 2.5", 7mm height
  • HD Speed: 5400RPM, 12ms Seek
  • HD Interface: Serial ATA-2.6, Serial ATA-8
  • HD Transfer Rate: Up to 3.0GB/sec
  • HD Buffer Rate: 8MB

How do I restore windows 7 (64-bit) operating system on the new hard drive? Also, is there anything else I need to do after installing windows 7 to get the laptop running again?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21322
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do I do after I replace defective Pavilion dv6t_6c00 CTO hard drive with new hard drive.

Hi:

If you don't have a set of W7 recovery disks for your dv6t-6c00, you can order a set from HP from the link below...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/hp-pavilion-dv6-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5191856...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation