Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have been using old HP Coolsense 1 to some degree of satisfaction. I have a Pavilion dv7 6110ec laptop with i7, which tends to run hot. But CoolSense with "Quietest" mode not only solved my overheating problems, but my laptop also ran quietly. Great for late night browsing or watching movies. 

Now, after a reinstall... I cannot find working link to old HP Coolsense ! 
The new version (2) is rubbish, sorry. Absolutely useless. Whats point of it ? To spin fans bit more when the sensors detect some movement ? Pointless. 

Now... does somebody, please, have a working link to old Coolsense ? Not happy to install HP bloat to my system, but it runs in "Performance" mode constantly... and I need it in QUIET mode. 

thank you all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is an only working for me version of this *khmmm* program.

7z includes Support Assistant 6, but CoolSense can't run with it. You must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPThermalAssistant and manually run HPThermalAssistant.exe. I recommend install it on clean win7.

I usually create a shortcut and pin it on taskbar.

Reinstall it if it would update. Also i recommend turn off all updates, disable autorun of HP services (in Computer Management) and even block them with AV/firewall.

Link - https://yadi.sk/d/r3GpGtpQgGGBT

Share it everywhere, its really rare 🙂 I had a different version some years ago, that can run CS directly through HPSA, but i reinstalled OS and lost it.

Sorry for bad english.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello JanZborovjan,

I see that you're looking to install Coolsense 1.0, that you've had to reinstall and it was upgraded to the newest version on you. I will try to help with this.

You can try using the HP Recovery Manager: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7). It will allow you to install original software provided for the notebook.

Give it a shot, I hope it works for you.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. Sadly, I have no acces to HP recovery partition, as I swapped the HDDs. Moreover, HP recovery partition strangely disappeared from my previous hard drive 😞 So, no option for me. 

This is amazing solution to disable Turbo boost though 
http://www.tautvidas.com/blog/2011/04/disabling-intel-turbo-boost/

Great for dv7 users whose CPUs are running too hot (i.e. pretty much everyone). CoolSense is still missed though - in the Performance mode the fans are being turned off under 50 degrees C., which are very rare ocassions and the fan keeps running 90% of time. In Quitest mode it shut around 55-60 C and there was silence 70% of the time.

HP Recommended

This is an only working for me version of this *khmmm* program.

7z includes Support Assistant 6, but CoolSense can't run with it. You must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPThermalAssistant and manually run HPThermalAssistant.exe. I recommend install it on clean win7.

I usually create a shortcut and pin it on taskbar.

Reinstall it if it would update. Also i recommend turn off all updates, disable autorun of HP services (in Computer Management) and even block them with AV/firewall.

Link - https://yadi.sk/d/r3GpGtpQgGGBT

Share it everywhere, its really rare 🙂 I had a different version some years ago, that can run CS directly through HPSA, but i reinstalled OS and lost it.

Sorry for bad english.

HP Recommended

Thank you mate, appreciate your effort ! 

But CoolSense crashed right after launching. Maybe some drivers missing. Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Crashed or can't run? I recommend install drivers first, then assistant.

I reinstall my OS this night and CS works normal, then i installed several drivers, then reboot... and this **bleep** happens again.

HP Recommended

updates:

Updates of HPSA must be changed to NEVER, in second tab too. Disabling services may cause CS crash.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.